Please be aware that our Sunday Open Days are now ticketed events. You must register by booking tickets and providing the required details.
We are an active operational air base, and therefore security checks must be conducted. We are actively trying to reduce the waiting time where possible, however there may be some unexpected delays.
Each adult (16 years old and over) is required to bring the photo ID that they entered the details of when registering for a ticket. If you turn up without the correct photo ID, we unfortunately won’t be able to let you on to the base. Approved forms of ID are:
- Australia Drivers Licence
- Proof Of Age Card
- Passport (This type of ID must be used for international visitors)
- Companion Card
- Secondary Student ID Card (ages 16-17 only with a Photo)
Members who have Defence access passes are not required to register for a ticket. On the day please make your way to the heritage centre carpark. We do request that you sign in using the visitor register at the entrance of the first hangar.
You are required to be at the Main Gate of RAAF Base Amberley at the designated time slot you have booked in for so you can be issued a visitors pass to access the base.
The Main Gate is located on Southern Amberley Road – check your GPS details to ensure it is directing you to the correct gate. You will not be permitted access via any other entrance point.
Access to the base must be via a registered vehicle (car or motorcycle). There is no bus service to the heritage centre. Visitors are not permitted to walk to the Heritage Centre from the Main Gate.
Entry is free for everyone. If you enjoy your visit and would like to show your appreciation, you can choose to make a small donation when leaving.
Please note the following conditions:
- Photography is prohibited whilst transiting between the main gate and the heritage centre.
- Smoking is prohibited throughout the Centre precinct.
- Trailers and caravans are not permitted on Base.
- Working assistance dogs are accommodated (must bring documentation), however pets are not permitted on the Base.
Instructions For Registering!!
Visitors are required to register for a session time, which are limited to a set number of spots.
Due to the limited numbers, please only book if you are definitely available and will be attending. This is a free event, and by booking and not turning up, you are taking away the opportunity for others to visit our heritage centre.
If you do register and things change unexpectedly, please cancel your ticket via the link on your order confirmation email, or let us know directly via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make the update for you.
Tickets are unable to be sold or given to someone else as they are linked to the individual. Do not attempt to purchase tickets from those claiming to sell tickets, these are scams and you will be disappointed on the day.
How to complete ticket registration:
- For the first and last name fields, the full name that is shown on the chosen Photo ID must be entered.
- Select the most suitable photo ID for each individual that is being registered for a ticket.
- For Australian photo IDs, type in the State that issued the ID. Only enter the Country if your photo ID is a Passport.
- Enter the unique number of the Photo ID that is being used.
- Enter the first and last name of each child.
- Copy the email address used in the “Contact Information” section.
- Child tickets are not to be registered on their own, they must be accompanied with an Adult ticket booking.
Ticket Registration Closes Wed, 08 Feb 2023
Privacy Notice: The extra identifying data we request as part of the registration process is solely for the purpose of enabling the preloading of visitor passes by the RAAF Amberley security staff. Once an Open Day has been finalised, this data will be deleted from our EventBrite account which is the platform being used to manage the ticketing process. It will not be used for any other purposes.