Public Open Day – November 2018
Date: November 18th, 2018
Start Time: 09:00 AM
End Time: 03:00 PM
November Open Day Attractions:
- A C-17 aircraft static display that you can walk on to!
- Yak, Trojan and Albatross Warbirds (static displays)
- RAAF Amberley Pipes & Drums
- Coffees hot and cold, plus sweet snacks provided by Angie’s Barista Koffee all day!
Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, the Dakota will not be on display for public viewing until our January 2019 Open Day.
Entry is free though donations are appreciated.
Our open days are suitable for young and old, so bring along the kids and the grandparents and anyone else who loves planes.
The heritage centre is open between 9am and 3pm, however, please note access to the RAAF Base ceases at 2pm sharp.
You can download the visitor application form from our website by clicking on the Download Button above. Bring a printed copy of the form with you (one per vehicle) and photo ID for those who are 16 and over to minimise delays in access through the gate. As the heritage centre is located within RAAF Base Amberley, if you turn up without photo ID, we unfortunately won’t be able to let you on to the base.
The main entrance for RAAF Base Amberley is on Southern Amberley Road. You will not be able to enter the base from any of the other entry points – please check your GPS directions before departing.
Entry through the front gate must be via a registered vehicle (car or motorbike). There is no bus service from the front gate to the heritage centre. Visitors are not permitted to walk from the main gate of the base.
The distance from the nominated carpark area to the heritage centre is approximately 300m. If you are unable to manage this distance due to disability / limited mobility, please advise our staff who process your form at the front gate – they will then be able to direct you to the carpark which is closer to the centre’s entrance.
We also have items for purchase at our gift shop, a coffee van, our raffle and our yummy sausage sizzle, so don’t forget your loose change.
Please note the following conditions:
- Smoking is prohibited throughout the Centre precinct.
- Working assistance dogs are accommodated, however pets are not permitted on the Base.
- Photography is prohibited whilst transiting between the front gate and the heritage centre.
- We are an active operational air base, and therefore security checks must be conducted at the front gate. If we have a large number of visitors attending, there may be some delays to enter the base.